Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Final Reflection


This has been an amazing class and semester. Etymology challenged me to read 1362 pages! When I first started this class I was not much of a reader. I was independent at most of my work and this class increased more of my skills for independency. During the course of the semester I read mystery books. Almost all of the books I read were written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes. I was lucky that I could stick with his books and be able to finish all of the Sherlock Holmes books. The weekly page quota helped push me to read although most of the reading was during the last few days of the week. Most of the time when I read, i'm in a quiet room. I am not able to read and listen to music at the same time or I will get lost in the story. Every once and a while, I do talk about what i'm reading to my friends and teachers. It is the end of the semester and I feel it is safe to say I have changed as a reader. In the beginning, I barely read any books and now i'm a faster and happier reader. I think this class has made me more likely to read overall and might make me want to pick up a book during the summer although i'm not sure what yet. Towards the beginning of this semester, I had no taste for poetry, but now I believe that it is an amazing art of this language we call English. This class had me look at poetry in a different point of view than my other classes. We were able to look at poetry and analyze it ourselves weather we were right or wrong. We could even choose the poems we want to read. So yes, this class has changed my view toward poetry for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment