Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Action List: 3.29.2011

1. Of the students shown from Patrick Henry High School I think that i would mostly relate to Zach Peterson. He wants to become a microbiologist and help find the cure of diseases such as cancer. One of the more interesting students shown is Salome Zamora. He wants to become a marijuana baker. It seems weird that anyone would want to do that. I guess it just goes against some of my ethics. I think that one of the more deluded students would be Tri Le because he is showing a typical aspiration and just doing exactly what is expected.
Ten years from now I would see myself in a completely different situation then I am now. I know I want to be in the medical field but am not sure which occupation to choose from. To most people a doctor would be typical but I am leaning more toward a biologist or something of that sort. But for now I am undecided which job to take and aspire toward.
2. In the article "A soccer Phenom Puts the 'I' in Team" Indi Cowie seems very competitive but still urges on to be different in what she does. Instead of playing her sport normally, Indi practices different tricks to "wow" her audience and make them want more. Because she does this and puts all the attention on herself, Indi has not made herself very popular in her school. Some of the students might even be jealous. One of the students at Indi's school named Allison Lynch said "Indi’s an under-the-radar flier, not one of these alpha females strutting around school like a peacock." So I guess in a normal environment at school she is not as 'alpha' but it seems to me that during a soccer game she wants all the attention. The author of this article also said that "Cowie sees herself as belonging to a world where legendary attackers like Diego Maradona, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney are celebrated for their talent and, yes, their selfishness." From this sentence you could also see that she looks up to the soccer superstars of today and probably even wishes to be like them when she gets older. Indi's mother even said that the environment become too "toxic" and that there is "so much jealousy." This is a very interesting article and gives me inspiration to do something like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment